I will talk about anything and everything that pertains to wildlife and outdoor recreation.
Monday, February 22, 2016
Riding the Trails
With warm weather on its way and some areas that still have snow, Michigan has lots of opportunities to enjoy the views of the wilderness. Weather it's off-roading or snowmobiling miles of trails, you can get out and see what Michigan has to offer all the while sitting on an ATV or snowmobile. In the Upper Peninsula, Sault Ste. Marie takes advantage of the weather for snowmobile riders to enjoy with the International 500 snowmobile race that occurred just two weeks ago. Riders and racers from all over the country make the trip to the Sault to compete or watch. Many others enjoy the trails that stretch across the Upper peninsula with amazing views of Lake Superior or the vast forest it contains. In warmer weather, you can enjoy the trails on your ATV or jeep mudding through the trails. Rain or shine, cold or warm, Michigan has plenty to offer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love riding four wheelers, I can't wait for it to be warm all the time so it can be a regular activity.
ReplyDeleteI agree that there is always something to do in michigan no matter what the weather is. I love taking my snowmobiles out on trails during snow storms and look to do that when this big storm hits this week.
ReplyDeleteSome friends of my family owned a bunch of property up north. It wasn't in the UP, but it was a good couple hour drive from Central Michigan. The trails they had were amazing, and we would take advantage of all seasons whether it be snowmobiling during the winter or riding quads during the summer. I miss doing stuff like that.
ReplyDeleteAgreed, there are great trails and great things to see and do along the way. Take advantage of these low gas prices and get out there. Even if you don't own an ORV there are lots of places that rent them. Lots of fun to be had.
ReplyDeleteI've personally only gone trail riding once up in Grayling quite a few years ago, but once the weather gets nice my family will take a few trips up to Silver Lake to ride on the dunes. If you've never been I would highly recommend it.
ReplyDeleteI've personally only gone trail riding once up in Grayling quite a few years ago, but once the weather gets nice my family will take a few trips up to Silver Lake to ride on the dunes. If you've never been I would highly recommend it.
ReplyDelete