I will talk about anything and everything that pertains to wildlife and outdoor recreation.
Monday, February 15, 2016
Baiting
As many outdoorsmen know, baiting is a huge tactic in hunting but it also diminishes the chase of fair game. Baiting plays a role in the lives of animals, sometimes coercing them into a routine that works in our favor. I believe that baiting should not be allowed, letting wildlife move in their natural habitat with as little human influence possible allowing them to follow the course that nature intends for them and when being hunted, we should act as a predator in the wild and use nature just like any other predator. Yes we have different tools to aid us, but if hunting the animals in their natural environment without being drawn to a place we want them. Instead, we should look for places they go to naturally and let nature take its course with all of the animals adaptive skills and senses to create a fair chase of all game the outdoors has to offer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My family is full of hunters and baiting has been a hot topic before. I personally am with you, in that we should not be allowed to bait. Isn't that the fun of hunting? The part where you find a strategic spot to wait out the animal. Baiting just seems like cheating to me.
ReplyDeleteMy family is full of hunters and baiting has been a hot topic before. I personally am with you, in that we should not be allowed to bait. Isn't that the fun of hunting? The part where you find a strategic spot to wait out the animal. Baiting just seems like cheating to me.
ReplyDeleteI like your view on baiting. Personally, I used to bait deer, what I found after several years of hunting and becoming more efficient and knowledgeable of the sport was that I was actually more successful by locating and carefully hunting the natural food sources, bedding areas, and travel ways in between.
ReplyDeleteNow if I could get this same confidence in bear hunting. My problem here is that I am only able to bear every 5 years or so and I end up putting bait out in an effort to increase my odds.